Last weekend Coulson went on a 3 day trip to the coast of Kenya to Malindi to go deep sea fishing with Matthew. So Rich and I are holding down the fort here at the house. We will probably write more about this when he gets back. I am so glad he has a chance to do something like this with Matthew.
Meanwhile, we are having missionaries from Tanzania as our guests. They are a family of 6 children with a new baby being the youngest. They wrote apologetically for having so many to handle and then Coulson wrote back how we love large families since he is #8 of 10 children and I am #6 if 9. I am sure that served to set their hearts at ease. The preparation for them has been so much fun. Since my only job here this time is to feed everybody, I try my best to do that. So all week I have made preparations for their coming. One day I baked yeast bread and banana bread and froze them. Another day I made homemade applesauce. Today we put together a broccoli casserole, cooked carrots, fruit salad, and a chocolate cake. This all to compliment a special chicken meal I make. It calls for Russian dressing and since I couldn't get that here, I made my own. I just love cooking for a group. I realize how I missed cooking for many people because with just Coulson and I you just don't cook what can't be eaten.They will be here at 6:00 and hopefully we'll be ready for them.Coulson really hates he is going to miss them and even told me they can stay 2 nights for the price of one is they stay with us on their way back to Tanzania.
Along with making the meal, I made two cakes. One for the missionaries and one for Indiazi. Indiazi is one of the pastors who ministers along with coulson and Rich in Kibera. He contacted a bad case of Malaria last month and it came back again last week. So I wanted to take him some chicken soup. You know all Jewish wives say that is the best rememdy for what ails you. Then Rich said, I will tell you what will make him well quicker than anything, Make him a cake. He loves them so much he finds it hard to share even a piece with anyone else. So this morning I baked him a chocolate cake with chocolate icing, If that doesn't heal him, nothing will. Rich has to speak tomorrow morning at his church and will take it for him. We love this man of God and feel so privileged to work along side of him.
P.S. This is written two days later. The missionaries were a fabulous family. I thoroughly enjoyed their stay. They both attended Taylor U. when Matt was there. The children were so precious and helpful. They called me Grandma Mimi. By coincidence, his grandparents (now deceased) lived in High Point. Coulson is going to post a picture of the family.
Meanwhile, we are having missionaries from Tanzania as our guests. They are a family of 6 children with a new baby being the youngest. They wrote apologetically for having so many to handle and then Coulson wrote back how we love large families since he is #8 of 10 children and I am #6 if 9. I am sure that served to set their hearts at ease. The preparation for them has been so much fun. Since my only job here this time is to feed everybody, I try my best to do that. So all week I have made preparations for their coming. One day I baked yeast bread and banana bread and froze them. Another day I made homemade applesauce. Today we put together a broccoli casserole, cooked carrots, fruit salad, and a chocolate cake. This all to compliment a special chicken meal I make. It calls for Russian dressing and since I couldn't get that here, I made my own. I just love cooking for a group. I realize how I missed cooking for many people because with just Coulson and I you just don't cook what can't be eaten.They will be here at 6:00 and hopefully we'll be ready for them.Coulson really hates he is going to miss them and even told me they can stay 2 nights for the price of one is they stay with us on their way back to Tanzania.
Along with making the meal, I made two cakes. One for the missionaries and one for Indiazi. Indiazi is one of the pastors who ministers along with coulson and Rich in Kibera. He contacted a bad case of Malaria last month and it came back again last week. So I wanted to take him some chicken soup. You know all Jewish wives say that is the best rememdy for what ails you. Then Rich said, I will tell you what will make him well quicker than anything, Make him a cake. He loves them so much he finds it hard to share even a piece with anyone else. So this morning I baked him a chocolate cake with chocolate icing, If that doesn't heal him, nothing will. Rich has to speak tomorrow morning at his church and will take it for him. We love this man of God and feel so privileged to work along side of him.
P.S. This is written two days later. The missionaries were a fabulous family. I thoroughly enjoyed their stay. They both attended Taylor U. when Matt was there. The children were so precious and helpful. They called me Grandma Mimi. By coincidence, his grandparents (now deceased) lived in High Point. Coulson is going to post a picture of the family.
Hi, Mimi & Coulson,
ReplyDeleteI've enjoyed your blog! You're getting lots of cooking out of your system, Mimi! Sounds like fun.You sound happy and fulfilled in what you're doing. I'm praying for you both...for safety, health, to feel God's embrace. I miss you and can't wait to see you when you get back! Love, Kerin