Sunday, May 31, 2009

The Endless Squeeze...,

When we left home, I had a travel size Colgate toothpaste tube with a little toothpaste in it. I also had just a tiny amount of Colgate toothpaste in those new holders that sit straight up. I thought to myself,"between these two supplies we should have enough toothpaste until I can get to the store." We now know that toothpaste is not something we have to bring in bulk to Africa because you can get all kinds of toiletries here. So I was thinking it would last us,at the most, a week.
This morning I was getting ready for church, and as I went to brush my teeth I realized, "we are still brushing our teeth with the same toothpaste we came with! Everyday, at least 2 times EACH we are using this same supply and they both look like they have the same amount in it. We will be bringing them home with us. I couldn't help reflect that this is God's miraculous way of reminding me that He will always supply our needs -- Even if we don't ask for it. But there is a deeper lesson for me. I was thinking each day He wanted to remind me that all he wants is His words, His kindness, His encouragement to come from a cleansed mouth and clean heart so they will bring forth fruit. This time at times can be a little hard for me. I have done almost nothing here this time but cook. But today the Pastor of the church we have been attending reminded us that Holiness is bringing comfort to others...loving and living as Jesus did. So if my words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart are acceptable to Him, and cleansed, I have done my part. So when I give that endless tube of toothpaste tonight a squeeze, I will thank Him that He has given me an illustration of my work here and I might even get a special "squeeze" from Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment