Today was my last time to evangelize in Kibera. We walked back on a very muddy path toward a small commercial area. People tend to visit in these areas and buy what food they can afford. We usually engage a few people in discussion and ask if they would let me talk to them. We present the gospel and invite them to pray. Today one lady asked if we would come to her home and pray for her son. She led us down this alley where people lived in unbelievable conditions. Walking through the mud we entered her home. They had a dirt floor and a couch were we sat. In front of the couch was a bed and a curtain hanging in front of it for privacy. That was all there was room for in the house. They had no bath room or running water (except for the mud outside). The cooking was done outside also. Under the bed I saw a family of mice running about.
It is hard to pray knowing how great their needs are and how little I can do. We asked God to bless and I will pray again for them tonight. They were very appreciative and we could only communicate by the interpeter. God does give grace to these people in their distress. Will you pray for Kenya tonight?
It is hard to pray knowing how great their needs are and how little I can do. We asked God to bless and I will pray again for them tonight. They were very appreciative and we could only communicate by the interpeter. God does give grace to these people in their distress. Will you pray for Kenya tonight?
No comments:
Post a Comment