Today was very interesting. We went to Kawangare as usual on Tuesday. The Pastor mentioned that there was a man that had come to the Church for help. He had refugee status and needed to get to a refugee Camp in the north of Kenya. He had no means because he had to flee the Congo with very little. He had spent the last two nights in another Church and was seeking assistence when he met our Pastor. You have to understand that the Pastors in these slums are also very poor and are able to provide very little. He shared this man's situation me and with Rich, the young man serving with me. Ordinarily we cannot respond to all the requests we get but felt led of the Lord to respond. We inquired as to the cost for him to travel to the refugee camp and provided the funds for a bus ticket plus some extra.
In talking to him, I learned that his name was Michelle an his wife had been shot by rebels in there town in the Congo. She died later from the wound and he fleed to Kenya for safety. He has a 3 year old son who his aunt or sister, I am not sure, took and also fleed. He is not sure where they are. The papers Kenya gave him expired and he was picked up by the police and put in Jail. I asked how that was and he said the guards were mean and he had been beaten. He is a believer and we prayed with him. I know God brought him to us to minister to. You have to be carefull because so many people create stories to get help but this was diferent. We saw the papers declaring him a refugee. We also saw the pain in his eyes. I cannot imagine what he has been through the past several months. Please pray for him -that he will arrive safely at the Refuge Camp, That he will get the help he needs, and also that he will find his son and other family members. What bothers me tonight is that I most likely will not hear the outcome of his story until glory.
On a lighter note, I went to the barbershop today. Sometimes I have trouble undertanding the Kenyan's accent when they talk English so I try not to embarass them by making them repeat themself. So today when he said do you want a cleancut I assumed he said do you want a haircut which I thought was pretty obvious so I said yes. Well a clean cut is not the way I usually cut my hair. Usually it's a little off the sides and clean the top. Well a clean cut is fashioned after Mr. Clean. Yep that my new look! State tuned it may grace ur blog soon. Mimi was not impressed.
In talking to him, I learned that his name was Michelle an his wife had been shot by rebels in there town in the Congo. She died later from the wound and he fleed to Kenya for safety. He has a 3 year old son who his aunt or sister, I am not sure, took and also fleed. He is not sure where they are. The papers Kenya gave him expired and he was picked up by the police and put in Jail. I asked how that was and he said the guards were mean and he had been beaten. He is a believer and we prayed with him. I know God brought him to us to minister to. You have to be carefull because so many people create stories to get help but this was diferent. We saw the papers declaring him a refugee. We also saw the pain in his eyes. I cannot imagine what he has been through the past several months. Please pray for him -that he will arrive safely at the Refuge Camp, That he will get the help he needs, and also that he will find his son and other family members. What bothers me tonight is that I most likely will not hear the outcome of his story until glory.
On a lighter note, I went to the barbershop today. Sometimes I have trouble undertanding the Kenyan's accent when they talk English so I try not to embarass them by making them repeat themself. So today when he said do you want a cleancut I assumed he said do you want a haircut which I thought was pretty obvious so I said yes. Well a clean cut is not the way I usually cut my hair. Usually it's a little off the sides and clean the top. Well a clean cut is fashioned after Mr. Clean. Yep that my new look! State tuned it may grace ur blog soon. Mimi was not impressed.
No comments:
Post a Comment